UI needs tweaks for usability

May 1, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Edited May 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM

First thing I did when I started this program was type my application's name into the combo box and select All, which crashed it with a NullReferenceException. Was about to write this off as broken before I saw the Manage Applications button and figured it out. My suggestions:

• Make the combobox read-only. No reason to be able to edit its contents
  • Make the Manage Applications button stand out. I'm guessing this is Windows Forms and not WPF, though, so I'm not familiar with how to style controls. Possibly just put a bright-colored Grid around it.
  • Pop-up the Add Application box on first startup. That will clarify a lot.
  • Make the contents of the combo box auto-refresh when apps are added or removed. Should not need a refresh button. It's very unintuitive.

Thanks for the tool, seems interesting to use. I obsessively check App Hub so I might like this quite a bit.

Also, it's displaying duplicate reviews. Consider using a HashTable/Dictionary with the reviewer as the key and review as value to check and avoid duplicate entries.

Coordinator
May 3, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Hi, 

Sorry for the delay in responding. Thanks for the comments. We had this idea in the weekend and released it in 4 days.. we will definitely try to add more features and make it better in the future releases. We will incorporate your comments too. :)

Shoban

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:04 PM

hi shobankr, I've made some tune ups for the UI. Now it's in WPF and added some stuff to the app. If you are inetrested in this, just let me know.

mail: this_is_ridiculous[at]hotmail.com

Here are some screenshots of app http://sdrv.ms/NH7rpl.

Artem